Help us to support community safety programs in greater Lansing.
Since 1939, the Safety Council has become a solid grass roots, not-for-profit, non-governmental, public service organization. Serving mid-Michigan, the Council’s mission continues to focus on promoting all types of safety through education, particularly child/school safety, traffic safety, home/community safety and work place safety, with the purpose of preventing the personal and economic loss associated with injuries and health hazards.
With your help we can provide more safety programing for the community. Check out some of the ways we help the community learn safety awareness.
Programs for children and families:
- Weather safety in schools
- Summer safety for children and families
- Crossing guard training provided by our local police
- Hazards in everyday life
Support for first responders
- Programs to connect police and fire personnel to the community
- Getting the word out to the community on police and fire safety
Safety Awareness for Organizations
- Hazard prevention in the workplace
- Fall prevention for older adults
Plus many more programs we can develop for adults and children. Let us know if we can help you grow your safety programs.