Join us for the 7th Annual Jerry Mills Memorial Golf Outing. Jerry served two years with the East Lansing Police Dept., and 28 years with the Lansing Police Dept., retiring as Acting Chief. Following retirement from LPD he was the Security Administrator for the Board of Water and Light for 13 years.
One of Jerry’s true passions was playing golf. To honor his memory we have put together this golf outing to bring together friends, family, and co-workers to reminisce, tell stories and generally have a good time as Jerry would have wanted. One of Jerry’s favorite sayings is in the title of this outing, “Pretty good golfer!” He enjoyed saying this after someone hit a good shot. We look forward to seeing you on June 18th!
Net proceeds from this event will be donated to the Lansing Area Safety Council.
When: Friday, June 18, 2021 with a shotgun start at 9:00am
Where: Wheatfield Valley Golf Course
1600 Linn Road, Williamston, MI
Format: 18 hole, four person scramble
- Men’s closest to pin hole #5
- Ladies closest to pin hole #2
- “Make a putt Jerry!” longest putt hole #12. Jerry would emphatically encourage his playing partner to make a putt at critical times during a match. So we encourage everyone to “make a putt!” There are both Men’s and Ladies long putt contests.
- Low score – first & second flight
- Skins game $20 per team (optional), Mulligans 5 for $20, 50/50 Raffle
Cost: $55 per person. Cost includes 18 holes w/cart, morning donuts, rolls & coffee and lunch at the turn including hamburgers, dogs, chips and pop. $5.00 from each entry fee will be donated to the Lansing Area Safety Council in memory of Jerry.
Click here for the registration form.